How to Use
Association for Consumer Research Listserv (ACR-L) is an electronic mailing list to discuss any topic related to consumer research. This list is a discussion group for researchers, practitioners, and graduate students working in the interdisciplinary field of consumer research. Specifically, the ACR-L list is a platform for consumer researchers to:
- Post announcements relevant to ACR members and those interested in the field of consumer research, such as conferences, special issues of journals, job openings, and availability of working papers.
- Discuss issues relevant to consumer researchers and ACR members.
- Exchange views about theories of consumer research and evidence bearing on those theories.
- Access the collective expertise of the subscribers concerning questions relevant to the practice of consumer research.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts concerning substantive, methodological, and conceptual questions of interest to consumer researchers.
- Share information concerning the Association for Consumer Research Annual Conference.
To Post a Message to ACR-L
To post a message to the list, send a text or ASCII format, no attachment email message to: ACR-L@HERMES.GWU.EDU
Set ACR-L list to digest mode: SET ACR-L DIGEST
Unsubscribe to ACR-L: SIGNOFF ACR-L
Set ACR-L to individual postings mode: SET ACR-L NODIGEST
- Discussions are fine, with disagreements necessary. However, repeated personal attacks may lead to a revocation of subscription.
- Remember, others are more likely to read your post when it is short and well-titled in the subject line.
- When replying to other posts, please copy only the relevant parts of other subscribers’ messages to keep your post short.
- Remember that when you use your “reply” function in your e-mail program to reply to a message posted on ACR-L, the reply goes out on the list itself, so that everyone sees it. To send a private message to the subscriber who posted the original message, you will need to manually address a new message to them. Don’t let this deter you from using ACRL. We suggest being just as cautious with any e-mail (not just those to listserv discussion groups).
- Please sign your name at the end of your post.
- Please use plain text rather than HTML for your message. Some of our subscriber’s mailers cannot read HTML.
- Posts of a commercial nature are unwelcome and will result in serious consequences for anyone posting such a message.
- We suggest that you do not use attachments. Many list users are concerned about opening e-mailed attachments whose origins are not clear, because of virus fears. Thus, attachments will not be read by your intended audience. Rather than attaching documents, the full text may be inserted in the message (using cut and paste works well). In addition, longer text files may be put on a website belonging to the author(s) and referenced in the ACR-L post. That way, those interested may see the full formatted text without fear of downloading a virus.
- Finally, be aware that ACR-L is an unmoderated discussion group. Although the list owners monitor the list and perform many maintenance tasks in the background, any posting sent to ACR-L@HERMES.GWU.EDU by a subscriber posts to the entire e-mail list automatically.